Random crap, 06 January
Wednesday, 6 January, 2010
- This week I’ve spotted in the wild a Car2go Smart Fortwo, new civilian Smarts in the neighborhood, a Chevrolet Sprint Turbo, a Ford Maverick, a statistically prominent number of Mexican-plated Chevrolet-Opels and Renaults, a Toyota Prius at a Starbucks “drive-thru”, and noted that Austin now has Moto Guzzi and Ferrari dealers.
- The Sprint store in the neighborhood has closed. It may have been closed for a while. A vinyl sign is above that storefront reading “Donuts Coming Soon”. From the age and condition of the sign, donuts may not be coming at all.
- Sign me up for a smart phone when you get to 4G, and I don’t want it from Sprint.
- The Office Depot across the street has moved into the southernmost third of its building. The façade and Office Depot signage are gone. You can see the fifties-era Safeway underneath. The brick pillars in the front of the building, or under the glass-and-steel entry, were merely plastered over at some point and are now exposed. No word on what may fill the vacant space.
- Its 51 degrees. You don’t have to wear two sweaters and hats with a muffler. It will be under thirty and windy late tonight, but you don’t have to bundle up just yet. Especially if you’re sitting in your Prius.